Join us in building the stronger, more connected Toronto that we all deserve.
Volunteer at The Stop
At The Stop, we ask all volunteers to make a commitment of one shift per week, for a minimum of 4-6 months. Most roles available are in our Drop-in, Food Bank, and Good Food Market. Shifts are 4-hours long, usually between the period of 8AM to 3:30PM. People interested in volunteering are asked to attend one of our bi-monthly volunteer information session, and will be contacted after that about coming in for an interview. Stay tuned for details on our upcoming volunteer info sessions. We will notify those who fill out the form below!
We welcome food donations that are fresh, wholesome, nutritious, and rich in the kinds of good ingredients you would want in your own home.
- Canned corn
- Baked beans
- Tomato sauce
- Canned fruit
- Canned fish(tuna or salmon)
- Vegetables: Low-sodium canned vegetables and vegetable juices, canned tomatoes, and pasta sauces
- Fruits: Canned fruit, sugar-free applesauce, dried fruit, 100% fruit juices
- Fish/Beans/Nuts: Canned tuna or chicken, canned and dried beans, low-sodium broth or bean soups, unsalted nuts, unsweetened peanut butter, canned and dried lentils
- Dairy Alternatives: Shelf-stable unsweetened milk alternatives (rice, soy, almond, coconut etc.)
- Dish Soap
- Grains: Brown or wild rice, whole grain pasta, cereals, trans fat-free tortillas, old-fashioned oats or low-sugar oatmeal, whole grain crackers and other snacks, granola bars, gluten-free options
- Laundry Detergent
- Spices/Cooking Oils: Olive, canola, and vegetable oils, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, dried basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, chili powders, taco seasonings, cinnamon, baking spices
- Baby Supplies: Baby food, diapers (any size, but especially size 4 and up), baby wipes, infant formula (Stages 1 and 2)
- Hygiene Items: Soap, shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, deodorant, tampons, pads, menstrual cups, disposable razors, etc.)
- We Do Not Accept: Clothing, Toys, Furniture, Opened products, expired or past the best-before date product, soda/pop or sugar-added beverages, potato chips, candy, chocolate bars, ramen noodles, canned pasta
Due to our purchasing relationships with local farmers and vendors, donating money to The Stop is the single most effective way to increase your neighbours’ access to good food. Please consider recommending that your food drive participants offer a monetary donation to The Stop instead of purchasing items to donate.
Please contact Alec at email@example.com to arrange to drop off donations, or if you have any questions about what to include in your food drive. Thank you in advance for your support!
Fundraise for The Stop
Looking to help support The Stop? Host a third party fundraiser!
Third parties are great opportunities to connect with friends, family, customers, or co-workers while raising awareness and funds for The Stop’s community-building programs.
To host your own event or promotion, reach out to Cara Goodman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for updates
Sign up for our email list to stay updated on the latest issues, campaigns, volunteer opportunities, and more.