- About Us
- Community Action
- Community Cooking
- Food Bank
- Healthy Beginnings & Family Support
- Education Program
- Urban Agriculture
- Food Markets
- Get Involved
- Become a Member
- Make Lunch. Make Change.
- Read the Book!
- Grow for The Stop
- The Issues
- Run an Event
- Run a Food Drive
- Join Our Online Community
- Build a Food-Friendly City
- Contact Us
The Stop is currently hiring for the position of Fundraising and Database Administrator:
Fundraising and Database Administrator
(37.5 hrs/wk; Permanent)
The Stop Community Food Centre is a leading-edge and nationally-respected non-profit organization that has been providing innovative programs and advocacy to address hunger and inequality for over 30 years. The Stop’s mission is to increase access to healthy food in a manner that maintains dignity, builds health and community, and challenges inequality.
As the Fundraising and Database Administrator, you will be an integral part of The Stop's team and be responsible for processing, tracking, and increasing donations, managing the Raisers’ Edge database, and researching prospective foundation donors to meet the needs of our community.
- Timely and accurate entry of donations into Raisers’ Edge: entering cash gifts, pledges (monthly, one-time, and/or ongoing), and payments (cheques, credit cards), and ensuring all data validation and accuracy guidelines are followed.
- Set up and use batches to process donations, and merge acknowledgement letters and tax receipts for mailing.
- Update and maintain all constituent development office files (electronic and paper), e.g. individual donors, foundations, tax receipt queries, etc.
- Generate fundraising reports and provide analysis of trends.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date database records.
- Ensure reporting requirements for foundation, corporation, individual, and government grants are met in consultation with program managers and the Director of Development.
- Monitor revenue in these categories versus budget projections, and identify any gaps in a timely manner.
- Prepare financial and donor reports for the Director of Finance, Director of Development, and members of the fundraising team.
- Reconcile monthly reports with the Finance Department.
- Assist in the development and management of quarterly mailings, including generating mailing lists.
- Ensure fundraising is achieved in accordance with Canada Revenue Agency requirements and with our mission/value statements.
- Prepare grant reports and proposals to foundations below the $5,000 level.
- Represent The Stop at external events that provide profile-raising opportunities as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Diploma or certificate in database administration or fundraising, and a minimum of two years' related experience, or a combined equivalent of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of MS Office (Word and Excel) and search engines.
- Proficient in the use of donor databases, i.e., Income Manager or Raiser’s Edge.
- Strong customer service skills; verbal and written communications skills with a proven ability to present information concisely and effectively.
- Excellent judgment, problem-solving,and time-management skills.
- Energetic, collaborative, and proactive; a self-starter with the ability to work well independently and in a team setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage several projects with competing and demanding deadlines and share our commitment to community food security and social justice. This position requires a confident, thoughtful, organized, and assertive person who can contribute to our flexible and co-operative workplace culture.
Salary: $40,000-$45,500, commensurate with experience.
Please send your covering letter and resume to the attention of
Hiring Committee – Fundraising and Database Administrator
E-mail to: email@example.com
Faxed applications WILL NOT be accepted.
Applications must be received by Friday November 28th at 5PM. No phone calls please.
The Stop is committed to employment equity and encourages applicants from equity-seeking groups. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in The Stop.