- About Us
- Community Action
- Community Cooking
- Food Bank
- Healthy Beginnings & Family Support
- Education Program
- Urban Agriculture
- Food Markets
- Get Involved
- Become a Member
- Read the Book!
- Grow for The Stop
- The Issues
- Run an Event
- Run a Food Drive
- Join Our Online Community
- Build a Food-Friendly City
- Contact Us
The Stop is currently hiring for the position of Fundraising Coordinator:
The Stop Community Food Centre is a leading-edge and nationally-respected non-profit organization that has provided innovative programs and advocacy to address problems of hunger and inequality for over 30 years. The Stop’s mission is to increase access to healthy food in a manner that maintains dignity, builds health and community, and challenges inequality.
As the Fundraising Coordinator, you will be an integral part of The Stop's team and be responsible for increasing donations to meet the needs of our community.
We have an immediate opening for a fundraising professional with a minimum of two (2) years of experience. You must possess excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, computer, and relationship-building skills, be able to manage several projects with competing and demanding deadlines, and share our commitment to community food security and social justice. This position requires a confident, thoughtful, organized, and assertive person who can contribute to our flexible and co-operative workplace culture.
Experience using Raiser’s Edge essential.
- Coordinate The Stop’s fundraising efforts in the areas of private foundations, faith groups, organizations, government, and individual annual giving, including direct mail, online, and monthly donations;
- Increase funding in these areas through research, proposal writing, and solicitation;
- Monitor revenue in these categories versus budget projections, and identify any gaps in a timely manner;
- Maintain the interest and involvement of supporters through stewardship activities, including special mailings, invitations to events, etc.;
- Work with the Director of Development and Major Gifts Coordinator to identify major giving prospects, and develop strategies for appropriate cultivation;
- Manage and update donor database;
- Prepare financial and donor reports for the Director of Development and members of the fundraising team;
- Generate tax receipts and thank you letters;
- Assist in the development and management of quarterly mailings, including generating mailing lists;
- Coordinate monthly, major gift, planned, and internet giving programs;
- Ensure fundraising is achieved in accordance with Canada Revenue Agency requirements and with our mission/value statements;
- Represent The Stop at external events that provide profile-raising opportunities as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary: $42,000-$47,500, commensurate with experience.
Please send your covering letter and resume to the attention of
Hiring Committee – Fundraising Coordinator
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faxed applications WILL NOT be accepted.
This position is available immediately, and applications will be considered on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
The Stop is committed to employment equity and encourages applicants from equity-seeking groups. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in The Stop.