- About Us
- Community Action
- Community Cooking
- Food Bank
- Healthy Beginnings & Family Support
- Education Program
- Urban Agriculture
- Food Markets
- Get Involved
- Become a Member
- Make Lunch. Make Change.
- Read the Book!
- Grow for The Stop
- The Issues
- Run an Event
- Run a Food Drive
- Join Our Online Community
- Build a Food-Friendly City
- Contact Us
The Stop is currently hiring for the position of Events and Fundraising Coordinator. Please see the complete job description below.
Events and Fundraising Coordinator
Full-Time (37.5 hrs/wk) Temporary
11 Month Maternity Leave
As Soon As Possible – June 2016
The Stop Community Food Centre is a leading-edge, nationally-respected non-profit organization that’s been on the frontlines of tackling hunger and poverty in Toronto for over 30 years. The Stop’s mission is to increase access to healthy food in a manner that maintains dignity, builds health and community, and challenges inequality.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Events and Fundraising Coordinator is an integral part of the fundraising team.
- Co-ordinate What’s on the Table and Big Night at The Green Barn, two of The Stop's key fundraising events, and assist with other events, as required.
- Manage all aspects of event planning, including sponsorship tracking, venue bookings, food and beverage, supplies, audiovisual equipment, room layouts, and décor.
- Collaborate with other staff and designers in the development of event collateral.
- Manage guest and RSVP lists, including media and VIPs, and track ticket payments.
- Assist with event promotion.
- Coordinate and manage event volunteers.
- Liaise with vendors, guests, and sponsors.
- Coordinate and assist with set-up, on-site production, and clean-up for events.
- Manage all financials, including preparing budgets, quotes, invoices, cheque requests, etc.
- Reconcile all payments post-event.
- Development of wrap-up reports.
- Maintain positive relationships with existing corporate partners.
- Prepare funding/sponsorship proposals and other communication materials as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Affinity for The Stop’s mission and knowledge of the issues underpinning poverty and hunger.
- Demonstrated experience in large-scale events.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage several projects with competing deadlines.
- Diplomatic, tactful, confident, organized, assertive, enthusiastic, and a team player.
- Demonstrated experience training, supporting, and motivating volunteers.
Start Date: TBD
No phone calls or email inquiries please. Faxed applications WILL NOT be accepted.
Salary: $45,000 annually, pro-rated to length of contract plus benefits.
The Stop is committed to employment equity and encourages applicants from equity-seeking groups. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in The Stop.