- About Us
- After-School Program & Camp Programs
- Community Action
- Community Cooking
- Food Bank
- Healthy Beginnings & Family Support
- Sustainable Food Systems Education
- Urban Agriculture
- Food Markets
- Get Involved
- Become a Member
- Read the Book!
- Grow for The Stop
- The Issues
- Run an Event
- Run a Food Drive
- Join Our Online Community
- Build a Food-Friendly City
- Contact Us
Healthy Beginnings & Family Support
Healthy Beginnings and Family Support is a weekly pre- and post-natal nutrition and support program for pregnant women living in the catchment area (north of Bloor, south of Rowntree, west of Dufferin and east of Jane).
Healthy Beginnings offers information, education, and support through group workshops and a breastfeeding circle, as well as opportunities to talk individually with the team of nurses, dietitians, settlement workers, counsellor/therapist, Early Years, and family support workers. In addition, the program provides a healthy lunch, food hamper, food vouchers, and free child care in a caring and welcoming environment.
Healthy Beginnings can always use donations of childrens' clothing and other items. At this time, we are looking for the following items:
• new or gently-used baby clothing and blankets
• new baby slings or other soft baby carriers
• diapers (preferably size 2 or 3)
• baby and childrens' books
Please contact elle [at] thestop [dot] org (Elle) at 416-652-7867 ext. 221 if you'd like to donate any of the aforementioned items.