- About Us
- After-School Program & Summer Camp
- Community Action
- Community Cooking
- Food Bank
- Healthy Beginnings & Family Support
- Sustainable Food Systems Education
- Urban Agriculture
- Food Markets
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
After-School Program & Summer Camp
The Stop's After-School Program (ASP) at The Green Barn engages children aged 8 to 12 (grades 3 to 6) in fun, hands-on activities that teach skills necessary to grow, cook, and select healthy food, and encourage positive attitudes towards healthy eating. While cooking and growing activities are central to the program, children also participate in a range of other activities that support positive development, including arts, games, homework help, and field trips.
ASP hours and location: Monday through Wednesday, 3:30PM to 6:00PM, at The Stop's Green Barn.
Video by Mercury Films.
Video by Alejandra Perdomo.
• March Break Camp (kids aged 8 to 12): Check back again for dates and more information.
• Summer Food Camp (kids aged 8 to 12): Check back again for dates and more information.
• Graduate Program: An opportunity for children who have previously participated in the ASP to maintain and advance the food skills they have developed with us. This program runs on Thursdays, from 3:30PM to 6PM, from September to June.